XI International Clarinet Course
La Lira Ampostina Music School – Amposta
The course focuses on aspects such as study techniques, breathing techniques as well contemporary music techniques, the understanding of the two existing systems of clarinet (French or Boehm and German or Oehler) and interpretation of the clarinet repertoire including orchestral, solo and chamber music.
The course includes instrumental technique and orchestral repertoire lessons (active and passive).
The number of attendees is limited to 12 active participants and unlimited lecture passives. The course takes place in the premises of the La Lira Ampostina Music School, Amposta, Tarragona.
The course will provide piano accompaniment.
The course runs from the 9th to 11th of February 2024
On the 9th to 10th of February, sessions are scheduled from 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00.
On the 11th of February, the session is from 10:00 to 14:00.
Piano accompaniment is provided.
– Each student will have at least two individual lessons with piano accompaniment.
– All students will have the opportunity to participate in group lessons and orchestral audition preparation.
– Certificates of completion will be provided at the end of the course.
This course is specifically for clarinet students with a minimum standard of Grade 8, who are either:
– Currently studying their Bachelor or Masters Degree at a Music High School.
– Those who are interested and about to apply to study the clarinet at a Music High School.
Registration must be received by the 29th January 2024.
Applications must be submitted using the registration from. All applications are on a first-come, first-served basis and must include payment.
Minors must also submit an authorization to attend signed by their legal representatives.registration
Active student: €200
Listening student: €80
Payment should be made to La Lira Ampostina Musical Society’s account:
The course is taught by Prof. Laura Ruiz Ferreres for the benefit of the School and the Professional Music Center of La Lira Ampostina
Carrer del Mestre Francesc Casanovas, 44
Offices: 97 770 10 04